11 August 2009

AZ Butterflies

It's been far too long since I've updated my blog. I apologize, there hasn't been much to post about before our recent trip.

Instead of going day-by-day through my week trip in southeastern Arizona, I'll just put up 2 or 3 posts about different things (butterflies, birds, etc). This is the butterfly post!

The trip was a success and I managed about 30 new butterfly species even though my real purpose for the trip was birds. If you have any questions about identification, locations, or dates, please contact me at arcticory@gmail.com. Otherwise, here are some photos (in no real order):


Queen:

Empress Leilia:

Two-tailed Swallowtail:

Pipevine Swallowtail:

Golden Banded-Skipper:

Common Streaky-Skipper:

Arizona Skipper:

Golden-headed Scallopwing:

Dull Firetip:

Mournful Duskywing (I think):

Red Satyr (chewed up):

Palmer's Metalmark:

Arizona Metalmark:

Ares Metalmark (I think):

Gulf Fritillary:

Taxiles Skipper:

Dotted Roadside-Skipper:

Bronze Roadside-Skipper:

Bordered Patch:

Texan Crescent:

Tiny Checkerspot:

Reakirt's Blue:

Ceraunus Blue:

Echo Azure:

Cloudless Sulphur:

Tailed Orange:

American Snout: