12 April 2010

Atoms for Peace

Ok, so usually I post things about birds... sometimes butterflies. However, I don't think I've ever posted anything about music. Well, things can change.

Ashley and I were lucky to see Atoms for Peace live in Chicago this past weekend. If you haven't heard of them, you're probably not the only one. The "supergroup" consists of Thom Yorke (Radiohead), Nigel Godrich (producer of Radiohead), Flea (bassist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers), Joey Waronker (who has drummed for REM, Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith, etc), and Mauro Refosco.

You can see more about the concerts (including some footage of the band) at:


Back to bird related stuff..... in other news, I'm in the final preparations for my annual trek out to western Nebraska. We'll be working with Long-billed Curlews for one more summer at Crescent Lake NWR. More on that later...